Believe it or not, there is an etiquette to almost everything in life... from eating dinner, to gaining new friends...!
Yes, there is actually a way to build relationships and specifically friendships.
I’ve been in the midst of dozens of women who talk about friendships, dislike friendships, desire friendships and want to develop friendships, but they really don’t know how to go about breaking into sister circles or just gaining one or two really good friends.
Well just as there are several “DO’s” to developing friendships, there are also several “Don’ts”; and one key to successfully developing friendships in life is to take a hard look at yourself before you call yourself getting into any kind of relationship, (yes, even friendships) with someone else. Not only could you sabotage the relationship but you could be setting yourself up for hurt and harm…. With all this in mind let’s get started on The “Do’s” and “Don’ts” to organically developing new friendships by first developing some self-awareness!
"If you find yourself not "Liking" the vibes & personality of people in your circle learn how to organically develop new friendships, don't push yourself on people! Remember you attract people & vibes of the same frequency as you! If you find yourself in relationships with a lot of negative people- take a hard look at yourself- & vice versa! If you want positive friends learn to focus on the positive & you will attract the positive! And don't just say you are focused on positivity but still do things in underhanded ways like stealing friends, trying to social climb, or bring negativity into a relationship! Just DON'T even entertain the vibe or language of it!!... Now here are the "Do's & Don'ts" to organically developing new friendships!
1. Do be authentic at all times. Basically Be yourself! If you aren't, remember the real you will come out at some point & you may lose those same friends you tried to gain.
2. Don't push yourself onto people. If people are interested in developing friendships with you it will happen organically.
3. Do remember it takes time. Just like the old saying goes, "anything worth having in life takes time to gain or develop!"
4. Don't try to social climb and put yourself in circles where even you are going to feel out of place. There's a place for everyone in life! With a little bit of soul searching you will find your perfect tribe soon enough!
5. Do put the time & effort into developing relationships! Yes, this means sacrificing time & other events to make room for them. Remember we make time for ANYTHING & EVERYTHING in life we really want to do; so if want true authentic relationships, make time for them!
In short, remember developing friendships is just like anything in life it is a learned concept, it doesn't always just happen with maturity. It has its own etiquette to doing it the right way!... But if & when it's done right, it can lead to a village of people who will go from friends to family for a lifetime!
Remember, Relationships Do Matter!